1. Who are you, what you do and when did you know that freelancing is the life for
My name is Heidi and I’m a Leadership Coach & Consultant. I help high impact entrepreneurs become effective and transformational leaders for themselves, their clients & their growing business!
In my senior year of college, I backpacked through Europe and I KNEW that there was absolutely no way that corporate was going to be ‘my life’
2. What is your work (hardware, tools, gadgets, etc.) setup?
Just my laptop and sometimes my phone if clients need instant access – but not to my direct number because that got out of hand (So, I use country dependent apps: KakaoTalk, WhatsApp and Line)
3. What are the tools of your trade? (skills, instruments, methods, routines that you need in order to do your job properly)
I need to be in the best mindset for my clients – so if I’m having a stressful day, I do mindset/self-care techniques to put myself into a better headspace so I can give 110% to my clients on our calls.
Other than that, just a method of communication.
4. What are the ups and downs of freelancing?
– Internet connection. I’m currently in Asia and some countries internet is just… terrible! It makes working rather difficult.
– Also, I’m such a big people person and as much as I love my client calls, I would love so much more to be in-person with them.
– I get so messed up with timezones still
– I love being limitless in who I can connect with and being able to expand my network/business/friendships throughout the world.
– I’ve met some AMAZING people as a digital nomad whether traveling, co-working spaces, online communities.
5. What is the setup that keeps you healthy and sane?
My daily routine! Meditate, Journaling exercises as well as freewriting, reading my affirmations, reading my vision map and making tweaks and listening to Abraham Hicks. If I don’t, my day is thrown off completely.
6. What are your biggest frustrations?
– Some countries blocking websites like my credit card or bank account
– Understanding some of the countries standards and ways of living
– Timezone barriers especially when social media prime happenings are during the middle of the night for Asia
7. What book(s) are you currently reading?
I just finished The Big Leap (by Gay Hendricks) – HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
8. What should you start now that will have a positive effect on your life / business 5 years from now?
Remain consistent in everything – whether it’s social media postings or going to the gym or meditating.
9. What thing from today would you like your 10-years- from-now self to remember?
To be grateful for my time in Asia because it allowed me to fall in love with myself, redefine my business so I am fully aligned with it and make major personal and professional transformations that got me to where I’m at today. Never stop being grateful for that opportunity.
10. Let people know where they can connect with you.
Be it digital nomading with full time travel or location independence with a home base and travel, what we have at the end of the day is a lifestyle of freedom and feeling at peace. Surely this lifestyle will change and evolve over time, but for progress to happen inspiration is crucial. For most of us it all comes down to getting over fear and attachment to comfort. And this happens when we share knowledge, experiences and ideas that turn the unknown into opportunities to learn, grow and feel alive.
So if you want to share from your life of freedom, feel free to connect with us via e-mail: