1. Who are you, what you do and when did you know that freelancing is the life for
My name is Anna, I am a life enthusiast working as a coach for people who want to quit their jobs and become digital nomads. I realised I wanted to be my own boss last year, after a burn out in a job I didn’t like and an amazing experience working for a startup.
2. What is your work setup?
I do 1-1 remote sessions with my clients and I’m also organising an retreat here in Bali (where I’m based).
3. What are the tools of your trade?
People skills, empathy, listening, asking the right questions, communication, organisational, self-awareness, motivation, getting out there.
4. What are the ups and downs of freelancing?
I work at my own pace, with the people I choose to work with, I can take time for myself, but salary is never fixed. I value freedom over stability, so it’s not a big deal for me.
5. What is the setup that keeps you healthy and sane?
I meditate and practice yoga or an activity in nature every morning. This morning routine is very important to me and it keeps me healthy and balanced.
6. What are your biggest frustrations?
When people think I’m not working and what I do is not serious. I just stopped telling judgemental people what I actually do, this helps a lot. Also, when people ask annoying questions, I learnt not to be bothered.
7. What book(s) are you currently reading?
Sapiens by Y.N. Harari. I love it and recommend it! My next read is gonna be The Subtle Art of not giving a F*ck by M. Manson.
8. What should you start now that will have a positive effect on your life 5 years from now?
Make sure I am always centered, even in harder times and build a sustainable client funnel.
9. What thing from today would you like your 10-years- from-now self to remember?
That I have all the tools to feel good.
10. Let people know where they can connect with you.
People can find me on my website: www.tasteyourdream.com.
Be it digital nomading with full time travel or location independence with a home base and travel, what we have at the end of the day is a lifestyle of freedom and feeling at peace. Surely this lifestyle will change and evolve over time, but for progress to happen inspiration is crucial. For most of us it all comes down to getting over fear and attachment to comfort. And this happens when we share knowledge, experiences and ideas that turn the unknown into opportunities to learn, grow and feel alive.
So if you want to share from your life of freedom, feel free to connect with us via e-mail: